What is Code Cured?
Code Cured The Cat (codecured.org) is a project to create a new kind of charity: one that is digital-first.
Whilst most charities want your time or your money, Code Cured wants your expertise and creativity. Collaboratively create software (or ideas) to raise money to improve cat’s lives, no matter where you are or what you do for a living.
What are the guiding principles?
- 100% of raised money goes to cats. No legal funds, no investments, no hosting costs, no rent, no wages, just improving cat’s lives. Day to day expenses will be paid by trustees or donations explicitly for that reason.
- 100% of transactions are public ASAP. All income, all outgoings, all public. Whilst some details (e.g. donator name) might need to be removed, the amount and approximate source / destination should be visible publicly (ideally immediately).
- 100% of tools / process are open-source. No paywalls, no mysterious income sources, full visibility at all times.
Where can I find out more?
The easiest way is to take a look at the more detailed documents below. All current projects will be listed there, along with ways to help out.
- Accreditation: Overview of current progress towards legal charity registration in the UK.
- Finances: Overview of how money is raised & spent.
- Projects: Overview of current and upcoming projects.
How can I get in touch?
Either email [email protected], or start a GitHub discussion.